YouTube re-vamp revealed
Just in case you hadn’t noticed already, our all time favourite You Tube has had a face lift. The Google-owned video website completed it’s redesign rollout to users today, phew had me worried for a second there being so close to Aprils Fools day, thought it was all a big digital joke!
Much like Facebook, it has millions of daily viewers to impress so they are not taking this likely there has been considerable thought and a attention to detail in each and every change to make the user journey better.
Here’s a quick lowdown on how they have made it better for the viewing public:-
1. Leaner & Less Cluttered
2. Thumbs up-or-down system (No more stars)
3. Ratings, Favourites, Playlists and Share Options
4. Simplified Navigation
The changes may seem small, but as a whole they will make a huge impact on improving the sites performance and user engagement. The pages feel less cluttered and that’s the key to success I feel, many clients often end up adding more and more on to a design leaving it cluttered and difficult to navigate, by really thinking about user experience You Tube has made a fundamental step in ensuring it gets more and more fans.
About w3bkittenCreative Director at Framestore VR Studio
- It was a blast talking to @CreativeReview about virtual storytelling, lessons learned and taking risks #VR… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- “VR & Kids : The Creative Challenge” — @storycentral medium.com/@storycentral/… https://t.co/VTOAetC39w 5 days ago
- So excited for this: Coco VR Trailer youtu.be/688XEeK80GQ via @yelenart #vr #thefutureisvirtual https://t.co/t57PEA5voV 1 week ago
- 40,907 hits